- The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us and we are committed to protecting it. This policy details what we do with your personal information.
B. Acceptable use of this site
You agree not to use the site for illicit purposes or any other purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the site in any way that could harm the site, services or the commercial activity of Marie-Andrée Saint-Pierre, acupuncturist.
You also agree not to use the site for the following purposes:
- Harass, abuse or threaten others or otherwise violate the rights of any person;
- Violate the intellectual property of Marie-Andrée Saint-Pierre or of any other third party;
- Download or transmit computer viruses or any other software that could damage the property of Marie-Andrée Saint-Pierre or others;
- Commit fraud;
- Create or participate in illegal gambling, lottery or pyramid scheme activities;
- Publish, post or distribute obscene or defamatory material;
- Illicitly collect information on others.
C. Collection of personal information
These types of personal information may be collected, stored and used:
- Information about your computer or mobile device, including your IP address, geolocation, browser version type and operating system. You can, at any time, deactivate the geolocation function on your computer and on your mobile device;
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of your visit, page viewed and website navigation paths;
- Information that you provide to us when you fill out our contact and appointment forms, such as your first and last name, your email address, your message itself and the requested services;
- Information produced while using our site, including when, how often and under what circumstances you use it;
- Information contained in all communications you send us by email or through our website, including their content and metadata;
- Any other personal information that you provide us.
Use of your personal information
- Administer our website and our business;
- Personalize our website to improve navigation;
- Send you the information you requested;
- Send you a reminder of your upcoming appointment;
- Send you a receipt for your payment;
- Send you marketing communications regarding our business or a new service;
- Provide statistical information about our users to third parties (without these third parties being able to individually identify users with the information);
- Respond to requests or messages sent by visitors using the website;
- Preserve the security of our website and prevent fraud;
- Ensure compliance with the general terms governing the use of our website;
- Other uses.
E. Disclosure of your personal information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In the context of ongoing or future legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others, for fraud prevention purposes).
F. Retention of your personal information
This section details our data retention policies and procedures, designed to help us comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
We will keep documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or potential legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
G. Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information;
- We will store any personal information you provide on secure servers (with password and firewall protections);
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently not secure and that we cannot guarantee the absolute data security for data sent over the Internet.
H. Your rights
You can ask us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. The transfer of such information will be subject to the following conditions: Unless you are a former or current customer, you will need to present sufficient proof of your identity.
For the purpose of identification, we generally accept a photocopy of an official document with photo (passport, driver's license or health insurance card) certified by a notary, plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
In practice, you expressly convey your agreement in advance that we use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes. Furthermore, you can ask us, at any time, to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes.
I. Third party websites
Our website contains hypertext links to third party websites and information pertaining to them. We have no control over these sites and are not responsible for their privacy policies or their practices.
J. Updating your personal information
The cookies used by our site are "persistent", which means that they are stored by the browser and remain valid until their expiration date, unless deleted by the user before their expiration date. Cookies do not generally contain any information that allows for users to be individually identified, but the personal information we store about you may be linked to information stored in, and obtained by cookies.
The names of the cookies we use on our website and the purposes for which we use them are described below.
In particular, we use Google Analytics, Google Ads, YOAST SEO and Google Search Console on our site to:
- Recognize a computer or mobile device when a user views our website;
- Follow users as they browse our website;
- Improve the use of our website;
- Analyze the use of our website;
- Prevent fraud and improve the security of our website;
- Personalize the website for each user.
Our website contains buttons or features taken from third parties which may contain cookies. The use of those cookies is linked to the privacy policies of these third parties. We have no control over these sites and are not responsible for the use of their cookies.
Most browsers allow you to accept or decline cookies or to limit their use. Please note that blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the use of many websites. If you choose to block our cookies, you will not be able to use all the features of our website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer or on your mobile device. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the use of our website.
M. Additional Information and questions
7803, rue St-Denis, Montréal, Québec, H2R 2E9, Canada. You can also reach us by phone at: 1 (514) 839-1610.
Last Update : April 13 2021.